Espresso Martini Recipe
The legendary Espresso Martini is a famous Kahlua cocktail and a premium drink. In 1983, it was created by the late barista Bradsell in response to a strange request from a British top model in his London nightclub.
- Ice Cubes
- 100 mL Absolut Vodka
- 40 mL Kahlua Liqueur or Tia Maria (coffee liqueur)
- 60 mL Espresso
- 4 Whole Coffee Beans
- 2 tbsp Sugar (optional)
Collect all the Ingredients
Combine the vodka, With a handful of ice, coffee liqueur
Pour the freshly brewed espresso in a sealed glass jar or cocktail shaker and add the preferable amount of sugar that you want so it can melt first, while whisking with a spoon
Shake continuously for 30 seconds, or till completely cold, before straining into glasses
If desired, top each with 3-4 coffee beans
Serve in tall glass for the best design!
- Prepare the espresso coffee ahead of time and set it aside to cool. This will lessen dilution and making your drink cooler and richer!
- When shaking, try to shake the drink up, not tilt it. This will also boost the foamy bubbles on top of your finished drink.
- When straining, be sure to drain the drink from the shaker quickly and swiftly. That will aid in getting that lovely foam.
- Is there no coffee machine? Use a trick! Shake in 1/2 egg white to make a beautiful foam coating, but you won't even be able to taste it!