Espresso is a coffee drink that some people love and others hate. It’s bitter, strong, and served in small cups. But what if you don’t have an espresso machine?
You can make it with AeroPress! This article explains how to make espresso using AeroPress so you can get your caffeine fix any time of day or night.
Highly portable, lightweight, simple to use, affordable and clean – the AeroPress enables true coffee connoisseurs or beginners to delight in the perfect cup of coffee with minimal effort.
It comes with a specially designed ‘plunger’ and filter which enables an almost perfect extraction of flavor (and caffeine) from ground coffee.
Benefits of using the AeroPress
It can do everything an espresso machine can and more.
1. The AeroPress is easy to use, so you don’t have to worry about getting it wrong, even if you’re a beginner. This coffee maker also has minimal parts which makes cleaning up easier than with any other brewing method.
2. It’s inexpensive. While you can buy an espresso machine for about $100, their maintenance costs are usually quite high. The Aeropress is just over $30 and will last you years of use with little or no cleaning or maintenance at all. This makes it a great tool for both coffee enthusiasts and those who just want a quick cup in the morning.
3. It’s made of durable materials. The AeroPress is built to last, but even if you drop it or break it, replacing parts is pretty easy and inexpensive. While this won’t happen often with proper care and use, the Aeropress can take a lot of rough handling without showing much wear.
4. You can make amazing coffee and espresso drinks with the AeroPress. Most people have never tried a regular cup of coffee prepared using this method, so you are sure to impress your friends or even your guests if you give them an AeroPress-made drink.
5. It doesn’t take up a lot of space on your countertop. A typical espresso machine takes up more than its fair share of room, especially if you have limited kitchen or countertop space. The AeroPress is compact and easy to store away when not in use so it won’t clutter your kitchen.
6. It’s portable. Don’t you hate it when you have to prepare coffee in your room while staying at a hotel? Most hotels don’t offer espresso machines so your only choice is instant coffee. But with the AeroPress, all you need are hot water and some coffee grounds to make yourself a cup of outstanding (and portable) coffee anywhere!
Read Also: 7 Ways to Make Coffee While Camping
Why You Should Make Espresso With The AeroPress
If you’re a fan of espresso, the AeroPress can give you everything a traditional machine can.
When using it to make an espresso-style beverage, or ‘Aeropress Espresso’ as some call it, your coffee is guaranteed to be hot and tasty – not too bitter or strong like most people would expect from this kind of beverage.
There are a lot of ways to make espresso, and there are many who may say that they can do it better than the Aeropress. But this coffee maker has been acclaimed by coffee experts as being one of the best for making authentic espresso-style drinks.
How to Make Espresso AeroPress
What You'll Need
-20g Medium to Fine Ground Coffee
-AeroPress Coffee Maker
-50g of hot Water
4. Pour a little bit of hot water to “bloom” your coffee and wait for 20-30 seconds. This will help release the oils in the coffee that give it a rich taste and aroma, which is very important when making espresso.
5. Add the rest of your hot water and stir with a spoon as you pour. Your water should be between 90-95 degrees Celsius or between 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit for best results.
6.After stirring wait for 1 minute and start pressing slowly the plunger. Make sure that you wait until the coffee stops dripping from the press.
7. Serve in a mug and enjoy!
Tips to Achieve The Perfect Cup of Coffee Using the AeroPress
1. Make sure to use fresh coffee beans when making your drink, older or stale coffee will never have the same taste or aroma.
2. Make sure to use the correct coffee grind size, which is medium to fine for best results. If you’re using too much coffee, you’re going to have a watery drink. If you don’t put enough, your drink will taste weak and bland.
3. You will need to experiment with the amount of coffee grounds you use in order to achieve that perfect taste for your preferences. With most espressos, a little bit of trial and error is required because not all machines produce the same results.
4. Keep your grinder clean so it doesn’t affect the taste of your coffee.
5. Make sure to stir and mix your coffee when pouring the water, this way you’ll have an even mixture to start with.
Espresso with AeroPress
- AeroPress Coffee Maker
- A Spoon
- Your Favorite Mug
- 20 g Medium to Fine Espresso Coffee
- 50 ml Hot Water
- Sugar optional
- Put the paper or metal filter in the AeroPress
- Grind your coffee beans
- Place your grounded coffee in the AeroPress
- "Bloom" The Coffee Beans For 30 seconds
- Add the rest of the hot water while stirring and then wait for 1 minute
- Slowly press with the plunger
- Serve and Enjoy!
Is AeroPress espresso good?
I did not see any disadvantages of using the Aeropress in terms of making espresso. It produces high-quality coffee and is considerably cheaper than some traditional machines.
Why is AeroPress so good?
AeroPress is great because it lets you enjoy a good cup of coffee anywhere. As long as you have an AeroPress and hot water, you can have a hot cup of coffee in just a few minutes. Also, this device is very easy to clean so that you don’t waste time and can just move on to your next task.
The AeroPress is a great option for those who want to enjoy the richness of espresso without the mess and hassle.
It’s perfect if you’re on the go or camping in your RV, as it can easily be taken anywhere! Have you tried making coffee with an Aeropress? How did it turn out? What coffee beans and grind size do you prefer using with this brewing method?
If you enjoyed reading this article take a moment to share it with your coffee-loving friends. Thanks for reading!