Espresso is the most popular form of coffee, but if you’re a true espresso lover, you know that it takes some skill to make a perfect cup.
If you want to give up your daily trips to Starbucks and save money in the process, try making espresso at home using the French press method!
The French Press method produces an authentic flavor with a rich body and just enough acidity so that it doesn’t taste bitter or burnt.
It’s also easy for beginners – all you need is finely ground beans (possibly from your own grinder!), and hot water!
What Is The French Press?
Benefits of Using The French Press
The French press is a simple and affordable way to produce a rich, flavorful espresso. Here’s why it’s a great option for anyone who loves the taste of quality coffee:
Cost-effective: There are several different kinds of espresso makers available on the market today that range in price from around $30 all the way up to $600 and beyond! Some are basic, entry-level models designed for convenience and ease of use while others are full of features with a higher price tag.
One thing is for sure – if you want to make your own espresso at home from scratch then the French press is definitely the most budget-friendly option out there.
Easy to use: The French press is an ideal option for beginners who are serious about making great espresso at home! All you need to do is put hot water in the carafe, add ground beans onto the filter and press down on the plunger (while keeping the lid on). When you’re done, simply pour your coffee!
Great for traveling: The French press is a great option for people who love espresso but travel frequently – you can pack the carafe and plunger in your suitcase or take it with you on the plane and enjoy freshly-brewed coffee at any time.
It’s also dishwasher-safe, which means that you don’t have to worry about cleaning it immediately after you use it.
Read Also: Ways To Make Coffee While Camping
Consistency: The French press is a simple method of making concentrated coffee that contains just the right amount of grinds, resulting in delicious espresso every time! It provides an authentic flavor and the water is evenly extracted which means that your drink will always have the same taste no matter how many times you brew.
The result is a rich body with just the right amount of acidity. It’s perfect for espresso lovers who like a strong-tasting coffee without any bitterness or burnt notes.
How to Make Espresso With The French Press
Step By Step Process
1. Put ground beans inside the French press, making sure not to fill it more than halfway.
2. Pour a little hot water into your carafe to bloom the grounds. Bloom means that the hot water forces the ground coffee apart, which releases gases and allows more flavor to come out of the beans. It also opens up tiny pores on the surface of each bean so that when you press down on them it extracts maximum flavor from them.
3. Let this process happen for about 20 to 30 seconds.
4. Pour hot water into the carafe and fill it up to two-thirds of the way. Stir gently and let this brew for 3-5 minutes.
5. Press down on the plunger, which will force the ground beans to the bottom of the carafe and separate them from the final drink.
6. Pour your French press espresso into your mug and add milk or sugar to taste! Enjoy!
Tips to Achieve The Perfect Cup of Coffee Using the French Press
If you want to make sure that your coffee is as flavorful as possible, there are a few tips that you can follow:
-Try not to add too many grounds – this will prevent you from getting the full flavor and could result in an over-brewed, bitter cup of coffee.
-Use the same amount of ground beans per cup that is recommended and be sure to use 195-degree water.
Espresso French Press Recipe
- French Press Coffee Maker
- A Spoon
- Your Favorite Mug
- 1 tbsp Espresso Beans
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Sugar optional
- Add your finely ground coffee beans to the French Press
- "Bloom" your coffee beans for 20-30 seconds
- Pour the rest of the hot water inside the french press, stir gently and wait for 3-4 minutes before using the plunger
- Press with the plunger slowly to separate the actual drink from the coffee grounds
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
Is Espresso Just Really Strong Coffee?
Can You Make Espresso With French Press?
Yes, you can. As we already showed you it is very easy to make delicious espresso using the French press. You simply grind your favorite beans, add hot water, and wait for 3-4 minutes. And remember, you can also use a coffee grinder to grind your beans fresh!
Should You Stir French Press?
Yes, you should. It is important to stir the grounds because it helps you achieve a better taste as it mixes the water and grounds together.
I hope you’ve learned that making espresso with a french press is not complicated, and can be done in just minutes.
If you need to make more than one cup of coffee at a time or want to save some money by using your own beans instead of pre-ground ones, the French Press method is for you!
Now go out there and make some delicious coffee without breaking a sweat!