If you are a hard fan of cold brew coffee, that gets your caffeine kick and refreshes you from a summery hot day, you will love this recipe for sure.
The great news is that you can now create this at your household with a French Press machine and here is how to do it, only some simple steps and you got this without being a professional barista, spending way less money.
- French press
- A spoon
Cold Crew Recipe in French Press Steps!
1. Collect All Ingredients
You can add a little bit more water, because the outcome will be a bit stronger than the usual cold brew coffee but if you like it that way you can skip that part of course.
4. After one day or less, take out your french press from the fridge and strain the coffee out. You will notice that in the bottom of the French Press there will be some coffee grounds but don’t worry it’s happening, even with the regular French Press process, you will just strain the coffee afterwards carefully.
5. You can store the concentrated coffee in a glass jar.
6. Add your favorite syrups or milk, lots of ice and serve!
You can download the recipe below!
Cold Brew with French Press
- French Press
- Coarse and thick ground coffee
- Sugar and Cream optional
- Collect all Ingredients
- Mix ground coffee with the appropriate amount of water inside your french press ( use the spoon to mix )
- Place Your French Press with the mixture in the fridge for 24 hours
- After one day or less take out your french press from the fridge and strain the coffee out
- You can store the concentrated coffee in a glass jar
- Add your favorite syrups or milk, lots of ice and serve!
- Remember the coffee grounds that you are about to use for this recipe must be thick and coarsely ground because if your coffee is very thin your cold brew would taste really sour when you use the French press coffee machine.
- Just because the French Press will naturally produce a coffee that is very strong and powerful if you think that it will be hard for you you should dilute the ending coffee cup ,with some ice or water or even a creamer and milk to taste a bit lighter ,but if you like your coffee better then it’s great for you to drink it as is!
- Make sure to use the correct water to coffee ratio to produce a high-quality coffee and don’t be confused now that you are using the french Press. You have to use the coffee to water ratio only for french press coffee, not for cold brew because the machine now is different !
As you understand from this recipe, it is very simple and done very easily and quickly by everyone.
It’s an easy operation, as you only need a fridge for a day, and you are free to add your favorite toppings like creamer milk or sugar to bring out a better flavor, but already your cold brew is very tasty and you don’t have to do that.
But the choice is yours! I think the best way to make your own cold brew without buying it premade or a cold brew machine, is making it in your French Press. You can wait only for 8 to 24 hours and it will be ready.
The best thing about this cold brew is that you can place it in your fridge for over a month and serve large amounts.
Coffee lovers enjoy it!